Monday, October 10, 2011

LI - 14 (Large Intestine-14)


L.I. 14 "Arm and Scapula" Binao
















LOCATION: On the line joining L.I. 11 and L.I. 15, 7 cun above L.I. 11, on the radial side of the
humerus, superior to the lower end of m. deltoideus
IMAGE: Refers to anatomical location
FUNCTIONS: Clears the channels and the vision
Brightens the eyes
Dispels Wind & Wind Heat
Invigorates Collaterals
Promotes Circulation of Qi & Blood,
Stops Pain
Transforms phlegm and masses (goiter)
INDICATIONS:
any eye diseases
chills and fever (little used)
pain in shoulder and neck
pain in the arm & shoulder
paralysis of upper limb
scrofula
NEEDLING: Perpendicularly or obliquely upward 0.8 - 1.5 cun
PSYCHO-SPIRITUAL USES:
POINT COMBINATIONS:
ANCIENT USES:
OTHER: increases psychic energies and abilities
not used for eye disease as much as L.I. 4
neck stiffness/ neck pain